Thursday 6 June 2013

Teaching graciousness

My colleague SY visited our home with some other colleagues one Tuesday evening.  I had my helper cook Sarawak kolo mee to serve them.  Medium Boy and Small Boy were very happy that there were guests at home, espeically since the Husband was away on a business trip.

The next morning, I was on my way to shuttle both boys to school, helper to aunt's place and myself to the office.  Medium Boy sat beside me..... out of the blue, his voice piped up "Why do auntie SY's teeth look like this" and he mimed his teeth exaggeratedly jutting out like a horse.

I replied "She is born that way, that's the teeth that her papa and mama gave her."

MB had a thoughtful look on his face.

I continued "It is good that you only ask me now, and not in front of auntie SY.  Not polite to comment on other people's looks, darling."

The body is only a physical facade around a person's soul anyway. 

No comments:

Post a Comment