Tuesday 11 December 2012

For my friends with daughters

I was introduced to spoken word poetry here.
B by Sarah Kay 
While she spoke, I remember these deep in my soul.
I am the little girl with small hands and big eyes, whose mother is a worrier, and whose father is a warrior.
I am the teenager who sassed my parents, whose mother wanted to paint the solar system on the back of my hands.  The daughter who put her nose up into the air, and the mother who said 'I know that trick, I have done that before'.
Rain boots and chocolate do solve everything.
The sense of wonder of looking through a microscope at the galaxy within.  
Stepping out of a phone booth wanting to fly, and someone is stepping on my cape.
.... and on a scale of 1 to over trusting, I AM pretty damn naive....
... and yes, you really ought to meet MY mother, the woman who raised me.

She is a woman with 内涵.  This Mandarin phrase ... how to translate this... this phrase refers to a woman with character, who is educated enough to counsel you and gentle enough to comfort you, whom you will like to sit down, have a cup of tea with and pick her mind, who is a friend always on your side.

Words shift the way we look at the world, individually and collectively.  Once a world view is shifted, mindsets are changed, what I previously thought impossible is now possible.... ah the energy comes to make the world a better and more peaceful place.

"I believe in 6 impossible things before breakfast" - Mad Hatter, "Alice in Wonderland", Lewis Carroll.

Thanks to Sarah Kay, whenever I experience a mental block, the 10 things I know to be true technique gets me out of the block.  Every single time.  You go, sista!

No comments:

Post a Comment