Friday 7 December 2012

"My finger jump up and down, Mama"

I brought Medium Boy and Small Boy to the annual SSO Babies Prom yesterday.  This is the third year that they have gone for the program.  The good thing about Babies Prom is that babies, toddlers and preschoolers are the target audience.  Making noise is not only allowed, it is downright encouraged :)  Such a boon to me, not having to shush 2 active little boys….

There is a segment every year where the ushers choose 3 or 4 young ones to go up and conduct the orchestra.  Young ‘un #3 was a boy about Medium Boy’s height.  He made the orchestra play presto (very very very fast) as he waved the conductor’s baton up and down.  The entire hall burst into laughter and applause as he finished.  The violinists and viola-ists applauded him too…. They waved their bows against the music stands and tapped their feet.  Such fun!

Last night as I was putting both boys to sleep, I spoke to them about the concert.  What was your favourite part, I asked.  Small Boy thought a while, then confidently replied ‘I like my finger jump up and down, Mama….’  Dear reader, are you able to guess what he was referring to?

It took me, slow and sleepy Mama, a few moments to decipher what Small Boy was talking about.

No comments:

Post a Comment