Thursday 3 January 2013

New School

Today is the second day in the new school for both boys.  There has been some problem with the domestic helper coming home (she was due back on 2 Jan originally, now revised to 8 Jan) so I have been reacquainting myself with the nooks and crannies of the home.
Medium Boy had attended his previous child care since Mar 2010.  2 years 10 months in that school.  Wow, that’s more than the gestational period of 3 babies.  Last night this is how our conversation went.
MB: Mama, I want to go back to my old school.  I do not like the new school.
Me: Why dear?
MB:  I just dun.
Me: Give the new school a chance.  Let’s try again tomorrow ok.  Mama will be with you and didi anyway.
MB (pregnant pause): I dun wanna go to school anymore!  I wanna stay at home! Hmmph!  [turns his back to me]
:\
Yes I know this is an expected response.  Yes I know he misses his old school, his old teachers, his old classmates with whom he races toy cars with everyday before lunch.  Yes I know all that, and my heart still clenches with the pain of change on his behalf…

Small Boy has never been to school.  We kept him away from school as he was allergic to eggs to the extent that his allergy flared up whenever I ate eggs (yep, the triggering protein made its way through my milk) or any food that had a trace of egg inside.   Yesterday was a new beginning for him.  
He is attracted to the water pouring activities in the new school and also to the painting easel.  Today and yesterday, he has stood behind another child waiting his turn at the easel.  He loves playing with colours, Small Boy does.

May they settle down in school quickly.... I am on AM half day leave this week to ease their transition.

4 comments:

  1. Wow. You are superb - still can work half day! Jia you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Heh my back is breaking from the daily vacuuming and mopping... The Husband had been making noises about not rehiring the maid after her contract ends 2015... I said to him "let's see"

      Delete