Wednesday 31 October 2012

Peculiar Purple Pie Man

When I look at lovely hair accessories like this, I wish that I had a little girl to dress up.  Like a real life Barbie doll or since I did not play with Barbies as a child, a real life Strawberry Shortcake doll.  Anyone remembers this?  Or the Peculiar Purple Pie Man' song..... which is more catchy than the Strawberry Shortcake theme music certainly.

"The Peculiar Purple Pie Man
A Porcupine Peak! 
Rat tat tat, tat tat tat, tat tat ... tat!"

I used to play with Legos, graduated from Duplos, or caught grasshoppers in the school field.  The biggest grasshopper I caught was in Primary 2, as long as my index finger then.... Seemed really gigantic to me.

My first girly present was either My Little Pony or Strawberry Shortcake.  I promptly gave it a haircut within a week, waiting to see if the hair would grow.  On hindsight, my mom was probably mortified that such an expensive doll was mutilated :P... if she had such thoughts, she kept it to herself!
Mom comforted me when the hair did NOT grow back.  Think she bought a mini figurine with the strawberry scent on Strawberry Shortcake's head to pacify this silly girl.  Haha!

No comments:

Post a Comment