Saturday 15 September 2012

Hooray for Education Minister

Finally the school ranking system is scrapped! I remember that the Straits Times first published a ranking of all secondary schools in Singapore when I had just finished my secondary education. My mom and dad 'allowed' me to choose my own secondary school when I finished my primary education. My only criteria then were (1) if my primary school classmates chose that school and (2) if it was reasonably near to home as I did not want to get up extra early to go to school. Heh, lazy me, always searching for the most efficient way to get things done.

Apparently parents now conduct a lot of research into secondary schools so that their darlings might get into a good school, however they define good.  I have started to think about this for Medium Boy and Small Boy, but for primary schools, not secondary schools.

No comments:

Post a Comment