Wednesday 5 September 2012

Lunch w N

I met an old friend N for lunch just now at the Marine Parade hawker centre.  I have known him since we were both 18.  Half our lives!  Our lives and interests do not really intersect - he is an archeologist, I work with numbers - but when we meet, the conversation is always lively and interesting.

Today Ispoke to him about human motivation, inspired by Dr Petunia Lee's book which I was reading. as well as the education system and being a child in Singapore.  He told me a little bit about his public lecture on Rock Art last Friday, and being taped for a TV interview to be aired on the Morning Show on Monday.  As he had been misquoted by the media before, he was naturally wary of the TV interview.  What changed his mind was when another friend asked him "How often does an archeologist get to talk about their work on TV?" Go, Indiana Jones!!

No comments:

Post a Comment